Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Woohoo The Faith is Restored - I can Bake!

My Tropical Passion Fruit, Coconut and Coconut Milk Mini Cakes

I can't help myself, I love experimenting and sometimes it's a miss but sometimes it's a hit. Luckily my take on this humble plain cake recipe turned out well



This smelled amazing -so fresh and tropical


                                                   Check out my Cupcake in a Cone Idea.
The Cupcakes should be eaten on the same day as the cones get soggy.


        My Husband laughed at my crazy,wall-throwing coconut breaking antics. The first went well but  the second needed an intervention from him before I broke more then the coconut. I grated the coconut
and added some sugar. It took a bit of restraint not to eat most of the sweetened coconut. Also instead of Milk I used super-creamy coconut Milk in the recipe


      I drank a bit a of the coconut water before the pic and drank the rest after





The Butter Cream Icing is also full of Fresh Coconut and Passion Fruit


   
My Icing skills , I must admit are very "rustic"




I also made these Bran Muffins with raisins, cranberries, cinnamon, fresh apples, carrots and organic banana. I tested the cakes and muffins on the family and got the thumbs up. If I do say so myself they kicked ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...