Thursday, February 3, 2011

Super Soft Skin with Garra Rufa Fish

While waiting for my patient at the Sinzinani Spa , I tried out their new Garra Rufa fish tank. Since we have tropical fish at home it wasn't that unusual for me when I had to stick my hand in the tank but it's strange how they all at once swam to my submerged hand.My right hand( that was in the tank )felt much softer than  my left hand and this was after not even five minutes of me swirling it about in the tank. It may take some getting used to but the feeling of the fish swimming and nomming isn't creepy at all - it's actually quite relaxing!

Garra rufa occurs in the river basins of the Northern and Central Middle East, mainly in Turkey, Syria,Iraq and Iran. It is legally protected from commercial exploitation in Turkey due to concerns of overharvesting for export. They've been used for the temporary relief of psoriasis,dermatitis and eczema.These tooth-less fish only eat dead skin cells and will not effect healthy skin so rest assured that all your limbs will be intact when you leave the spa.


These are not Garra Rufa






Hello guy

Me, putting my hand in the tank at Sinzinani Spa






Check out the videos below for a live-action look at how the Garra Rufa nom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...